Sally Osborn

Notary Public Services 0208 995 5139

Chiswick London W4


The document/s should first be notarised. Do not sign the document until you are with the Notary.


This usually means you attending personally in front of the Notary with your original passport (ladies only-if you are married please also bring your original marriage certificate) and proof of address being a bank statement or utility bill such as gas or electricity that has been posted to you and is less than 3 months old.


If required I can attend at your office. Usually it is a director of the company signing he/she will need passport and proof of address as above. In addition I shall carry out an up to date company search to check registration as a director at Companies House. Additional proof and confirmation may be required eg., a board resolution with authority to the director to sign a Power of Attorney, inspection of the Company Records. Please discuss when making your appointment.


The Notarised document/s should then be legalised at the Foreign & Commonwealth office if it is for a country that is a signatory to the Hague Convention. This is why the Notary needs to know which country your document is going to so the requirements can be checked and you advised.Legalisation/apostille at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office involves the payment of a fee . For further information look at the legalisation section at :

STAGE 3 LEGALISATION at Foreign Consulate if required

This depends upon which country your document is for eg., all documents for UAE need Consular legalisation.